We're all about the world of Bearville and Build-A-Bear Workshop.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
ChocoLuv (124)
How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} I_vote_lcapHow To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} I_voting_barHow To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} I_vote_rcap 
Abbie (79)
How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} I_vote_lcapHow To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} I_voting_barHow To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} I_vote_rcap 
Lacey(: (40)
Merliah (28)
Sugar~Sugar (5)
Ally(: (3)
AaliyahBallerina (3)
Foreva123 (1)
hollissilly (1)
Control Panel

Your profile

Information

Preference

Signature

Social

Friends and Foes

Memberlist

Groups

Private messages

Inbox

PM sent

Other

Topic is being watched

Top posters
ChocoLuv (124)
Abbie (79)
Lacey(: (40)
Merliah (28)
Sugar~Sugar (5)
Ally(: (3)
AaliyahBallerina (3)
Foreva123 (1)
hollissilly (1)
Control Panel

Your profile

Information

Preference

Signature

Social

Friends and Foes

Memberlist

Groups

Private messages

Inbox

PM sent

Other

Topic is being watched

How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChocoLuv
Administrator
Administrator
ChocoLuv

How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Empty
PostSubject: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Guide #2 by me.
нσω тσ-ɢʋι∂ɛ #2

Hey BL members!
Have some questions about BL and just don't know how to ask them?
Well here's everything you need to know to be a BL tour guide! (Joke)
Section Contents:.
1 - Friends
2 - Avvies & Siggies
3 - Threads & Posts
4 - PM's
5 - Who Is Online?

1~ Friends
Friends are a huge part of BL!
How To Add A Friend:
1. Click on the person who want to be friends with's profile.
2. Above their avatar, there should be an Add To Friends List button. Click on it.
How To Delete A Friend:
1. Click on the friend you want to delete.
2. Click on Remove From My Friends List.

2~ Avvies & Siggies
Without an avvie, you are missing a big part of BL.
Avvies stand for: Avatar (the picture of your account/user)
Siggies stand for: Signature (whenever you post, it's there after your message)
How To Add An Avvie:
1. Click on Profile.
2. Click on Avatar.
3. Click on Browse to upload a photo that's saved in your photo album on your computer. If it's from a link, copy and paste it in one of the boxes that match.
4. Click SAVE at the bottom and, good job! You're done!

How To Add A Siggie:
1. Click on Profile.
2. Click on Signature.
3. Add you're signature to the box and click SAVE.
4. You're done!

3~ Threads & Posts
Threads- Topic
Posts- Answers or replies to the topic.
Corners- Aka Sections (Links, Welcome!, OMG! Help me!, etc)

How To Post A Thread
1. Go to the corner you would like to post a thread in.
2. Click on New Topic.
3. Type a title and the body, then click SEND. You're done!

How To Post A Post
1. On the thread you would like to reply in, click ANSWER at the bottom. Then type your reply.
OR
1. On the thread you would like to reply in, scroll down to the very bottom. There will be a box.
Type your quick reply in the box.

How To Add A Corner
-This is not available to BL users- If you have a suggestion, tell a staff member.

4~ PM's
PM's- Private Messages. (aka Conversation, chatroom, replies, etc)

How To View A PM
1. Click on New, which is located on the top of BL, below the banner. New is next to the Logout button and Profile button.
2. Click on a message you would like to view, if you have one.

How To Reply To A PM
1. Click on your message, then at the bottom click ANSWER. If you already have a conversation going, you can view it below their message you want to reply to.

How To Delete A PM
1. Next to the message you want to delete, there's a box. Click that box. A check mark should appear.
2. Below the messages, there are 3 buttons: Save Marked, Delete Marked, and Delete All. Click on Delete Marked, unless you would like to delete all the messages in your PM box.

How To Send A PM
1. Click on the BL user you would like to send a PM to.
2. Next, click on Visitor Messages, which is next to Profile. (the page you should be in when you click their username)
3. Click New Topic and you're done! Smile

5~ Who Is Online?

How To View Who Is Online
1. Scroll down to the very bottom of the BL Home page.
2. You should see a Who Is Online photo and a section.
3. Look next to Registered Users and if there are BL users listed, they are the ones who are online.
4. To see what they are looking at, click on Who Is Online, which is right above the Who Is Online photo.
5. You're done!
Back to top Go down
ChocoLuv
Administrator
Administrator
ChocoLuv

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:00 am

I am now officially finished with the guide.
Thank You!
Back to top Go down
Abbie
Administrator
Administrator
Abbie

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Thank you for posting this, Choco. I'm sure it'll be a big help for those beginners. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bearvilleluv.niceboard.com
ChocoLuv
Administrator
Administrator
ChocoLuv

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:54 pm

No problem, I hope beginners will learn a lot from this guide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lacey(:
Administrator
Administrator
Lacey(:

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Nice guide Choco!
will help many users (:
Back to top Go down
ChocoLuv
Administrator
Administrator
ChocoLuv

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lacey(:
Administrator
Administrator
Lacey(:

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:39 pm

You're welcome c;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}   How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Do The Basics on BL. {for BL beginners}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BearvilleLuv :: The Red Carpet! Your first stop! :: OMG! Help me! :: Guides & How-to's-
Jump to: